Senior Project Manager (Full-time)
The duties of the employee shall be those as related to any sphere of the services offered at MJMDA but more closely to the following Project Management tasks using approved methods or systems in the industry such as Agile, PRINCE2 or PMP as well as a combination as necessary.
- Consultancy and analysis of the proposed project proposals from the Clients perspective (Integrating with marketing and business development plan as necessary);
- Consultancy and analysis of the proposed project from MJMDA’s workforce/time spend/money earn comparing to project quality;
- Evaluate potential risks to projects and suggest measures to reduce risks to acceptable levels;
- Advise senior management with spending analysis, savings secured and potential savings;
- Consultancy on possible site issues and implications during working drawing preparation by technical personnel;
- Strategic consultancy of contract typologies to be implemented for the project type; reviewing and determining the most appropriate procurement route for the projects;
- Creation of a Gantt Chart for tasks and resources;
- Preparing and reviewing the appropriate contract forms for various tasks and projects;
- Driving contracting process from pre-bidding through approvals and execution;
- Preparing the pre-qualification and tender documentation and liaising with the bidders;
- Analysing the tender submissions and preparing the tender reports and recommendation. Negotiate project terms, including scope, schedule and invoicing with vendors;
- Organising and scheduling tradesmen/suppliers on site in the appropriate sequence;
- Organising and scheduling product orders and tracking them for timely delivery on site;
- Assuring the correct application and sequence of working drawings and timely performance of the tradesmen, whilst referring to the architect to visit the site and give additional instruction to contractors whenever necessary;
- Planning, scheduling and ensuring the project are constructed on time and in budget;
- Communicating with partners, contractors and customers in order to coordinate all works;
- Liaising with the architects/engineers/designers on all matters that may change the specified works in any way;
- The project manager shall not modify working drawings or specifications and this is the sole remit of the architects in conjunction with the client;
- Notifying the client or their representatives, the architect or contractors requiring attention or action;
- Managing and organizing people in order to provide them clear business directions;
- Reviewing consultants and contractors claims for variation and providing advice on their entitlements as part of certification process carried out by architects;
- Snagging to completion the works in question or additional work as the Client requires;
- Managing the Project Management Department as Integrated with the rest of the firm, in a comprehensive manner, seeking to refine its performance and achievements on existing projects and also to secure new business for the benefit of the department and firm. The management aspect of the role is to ensure that the project delivery pipeline for MJMDA internal resources is also looked at as part of the total project management life cycle.
- Success in developing the profitability and growth of the management department and the firm which will be a launch pad for the option to acquire a share of MJMDA.
- Any other tasks related to competence and experience.
Qualifications / Experience:
- 10 years-experience as a Project Manager.
- PMP / Prince 2 or other suitable project management qualification.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft packages, MS Project
- Possess organisational, leadership and management skills
- Ability to prioritise multiple iniatives and projects
- Able to work under pressure and holds a result’s driven personality
- Strong communication skills in English
- A Valid Driving license
Kindly send covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org